Job Title : Electrical Engineering Apprentice
Employer : Rushden Rewinds Ltd
Location : Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6BQ
Position Type : Apprenticeship
Sector : Electrical Engineering
Vacancy Reference : VAC-11399
Brief Description : Based at our Rushden office you will be cover the surrounding areas to assist in the carrying out of electrical repairs and installation work in accordance with BS7671
Qualifications Required : Grade requirements: You will need a minimum of three GCSEs at grades A*-D / 9-4 or Level 1 equivalent, ideally including English, maths, science and or a technical based subject such as engineering or product design.
Vacancy Detail : • Working to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards
• To assist in maintenance repairs and installation of electrical systems and any other duties which may from time to time reasonably be required within the general level of responsibility of the post
The majority of the work will be on industrial sites helping to install anything from a single supply to a machine to a whole factory.
Helping to installing MCCB Boards, MCB Boards, Cable Runs, Containment, lighting
• To assist with the installation of new electrical systems using a full range of installation materials and techniques.
• To assist with routine checking and testing of all types of electrical systems, including the location and repair of faults.
• To carry out planned and reactive maintenance as instructed; including, but not limited to fault finding, test, repair and preventative maintenance of electrical equipment
• Conducting tests, recording, analysing and interpreting test data
• Assembling, calibrating and testing equipment
• Excellent customer facing and communication skills are necessary as you will be liaising with customers
• Ensure accurate completion of job sheets and time sheets
• Carry out tasks within typical plant room environments
• Must use lock off procedures
• To ensure RRE ISO procedures are adhered to in all aspects.
• Ensure Company & Site, Health & Safety procedures are followed at all times.
Positions Available : 1
Working Week : 40hrs pw Monday - Friday 8am -4pm 20min paid break
Salary : £198.00 Per Week
Application Deadline Date : 08/07/2018
Possible Start Date : 03/09/2018
Personal Qualities : Good interpersonal skills to liaise with customers
Skills Required : Hold a valid driving license
some electrical knowledge if possible
Good work ethic
A 'go-getter' attitude
Be able to follow instructions and take advice from other colleagues
Future Prospects : Providing the work is available to stay and grow with the company.
Training to be Provided : During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
•Working safely in an engineering environment
•Carrying out engineering activities efficiently and effectively
•Using and communicating technical Information
Other Information : From time to time you may have to work away and do additional hours
Candidates must attend an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team and complete an online Maths and English test which will be sent out prior to your initial interview if you meet the entry criteria. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage
The map below shows the employer's location